What is OCTOPUS
- OCTOPUS is a new and innovative Physical Security Information Management system (PSIM), which combines a comprehensive security management software with a robust smart phone application, enabling organizations to effectively manage all their security, safety and logistical requirements from one place.
- OCTOPUS fuses together all of the security & safety systems, sensors and data sources in order to streamline and improve the efficiency and responsiveness of the organization’s security operations. The system was defined and developed by experts in the field of physical security, safety and cyber security and is a cloud enabled, reducing hardware costs and IT infrastructure dependencies.
- OCTOPUS offers much benefits to organizations in various vertical markets, such as: critical infrastructure, safe city and smart city, emergency response agencies, municipalities & government agencies, airports & seaports, factories, banks, hotels, hospitals and others.
PSIM - Physical Security Information Management
- PSIM collects data from disparate security devices and information systems
- It analyzes and correlates data, events and alarms to identify the situation and priority
- The systems presents the relevant situation information in a simple common operational picture
- The systems provides standard operating procedure based on organization's policies and regulatory guidelines
- The system tracks all the information for compliance reporting, training and in-depth investigative analysis
- The system moitors how each operator interacts with system, tracks any manual changes to security systems and calculates reaction times for each event